Saturday, February 19, 2011

2010 Kates Playground Galleries

Raptus greedy: Baci di Dama! A decent



Last Christmas we received a huge gift basket full of culinary wonders that could not be more welcome. All this goodness seemed to have been chosen directly by me as my experience the taste. In particular, a splendid pair of products: one stick of nougat with hazelnuts Relanghe and a jar of cream to the hazelnut spread of Guido Gobino . I will not tell you how long did the nougat, since they are tireless consumer. In particular the Relanghe, I found perhaps the best ever tasted nougat with a delicate but this hint of honey and a perfect texture, crisp and crunchy, without any ambition of splitting the jaws. I went down to the last fragment of a tear to the sorrow of having done.
I waited almost a week before opening the hazelnut cream. You know those cats running around the prey stealthily studying it carefully before attacking it? Then, one evening after dinner, thanks a loaf of bread fresh and fragrant peeping from the pantry, I could not resist so I throw like a cougar on the retro jar. I unscrewed the aluminum cover (a beautiful and very old fashioned), removed the film in the seal, and I was struck by a heady aroma of roasted hazelnuts followed immediately by its distinctive aroma of chocolate ... While trying to recover from disturbance, I focused my attention to the contents of the can and I realized that the cream was covered by a thick layer of oil, which I imagined to be released by the nuts and rose to the surface (the wonders of artisan product). With a knife I patiently mixed in along the cream until it has resumed its traditional glossy and smooth consistency, so I smeared a heavy dose of chocolate on a microscopic slice of bread.
What can I say ... often we do not find definitions for happiness or ecstasy, and behold, I could say that Mr. Gobino managed to put in jars.


I courted this cream for about a month after the first tasting, sipping out of fear that always ended too quickly. But the use of bread seemed almost an affront to such nobility of taste, so I guess you think back, I decided to try it in the Lady's Kisses.
Ahhhgg, I know everyone will say "anathema! In the lady's kisses there is only dark chocolate ganache, "and I know that the hazelnut cream is too sweet to the dough with almonds. But who cares ... I want own tests, at most I will be an attack of blood glucose.


For these kisses lady I made the recipe given by the book "The cuisine of the Italians," published in the late 80's and the fruit of long years of research Vincenzo Buonassisi (you remember?). It 'easy and the result is excellent.

Ingredients:

- 250 gr flour
- 250 gr shelled and skinned almonds
- ; 250 grams of butter
- 80 gr. dark chocolate (which I will replace with hazelnut cream).

Toast the almonds under the grill c.ca at 100 degrees for 10-15 minutes until when they are golden brown, then remove and let cool. Put the butter soften at room temperature.
Chop the almonds with half the sugar until you obtain a homogeneous mixture and not too thin.
Add this mixture to the remaining sugar, flour and butter into small pieces. You can knead by hand or with vs. robot. Keep in mind that it does not contain eggs, the dough will tend to erode naturally.
To mix the ingredients I used the KitchenAid with the leaf at speed 1 for a few minutes and c.ca speed 2 for 1 minute.
At this point, common sense would tell me to let the dough rest in refrigerator for at least one 30na minutes and then make the balls, but I have done exactly the opposite. I have spread the dough on a work surface with a thickness of half a cm and with a 3cm diameter round pastry cutter to cut many disks that I balled up and then I put apart on the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. In this way there will be balls of the same size and you can assemble the best moment of the pack of cookies. Remember that the dough made of butter naturally tends to "sit", so do not like me, who I crushed the first batch convinced that she must help the balls to get the characteristic shape of a hemisphere. I have gone out of flying saucers and I got the Kisses instead of kisses.
After having understood the matter, and I've adjusted the shot came out perfect. Before cooking, I put the balls in the fridge for an hour.
c.ca Cook for 25 minutes to no more than 160 ° C, and then let it cool before you stuff them. Keep them in a tin box.

against any injury, the Lady's Kisses with hazelnut cream were a scream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment