Thursday, January 13, 2011

How Long Do People Live After Thyroid Cancer

My first post!

Milonga del Ange l - Astor Piazzolla

The first post is like the first tooth, or like the first kiss or first love You never forget? It is certainly exciting and a bit 'strange and so there is a sort of shame at the thought that anyone could read them from somewhere, like when you peek inside a secret diary. He thought for a while 'time and the idea of \u200b\u200bthe Blog intrigues me, but at the computer I have always been a goat, I did not know really where to put their hands. Then there are those meetings that will light up like a firework and fill you with energy, as has happened to me when I met the legendary Julia's Kitchen Jul - http://it.julskitchen.com/ - blog beautiful and amazing photos, and voila , that's something that seemed light years away, now becomes a possibility.

begin this adventure on my birthday, making me a little, greatly desired gift.
In music, The Andante is a movement that is slow but not fast, an intermediate time where you can perform all the notes with quiet, but where there is already proposed for further development. There is an action that continues, that is, evolving.
L 'Allegro and' the right time of my life, I try to live with gusto.
will not miss a bit ' Music in this blog and accompany my every post with an invitation to listen to songs that I love very much, and that could be the soundtrack for each recipe. For this first post I chose the beautiful Milonga Del Angel Astor Piazzolla and the tango is not because (I confess a latent addiction to tango), but because it is a poignant song, a great atmosphere, perfect for listening in the background during dinner two, or why not, while preparing a nice risotto.



risotto with savoy cabbage, poppy seeds and toasted pine nuts
Returning from Molise, after the Christmas holidays I found myself with a fridge full of wonderful vegetables, the size and taste have nothing to do with that found in these parts at the supermarket. In particular, a cabbage-sized supernatural, I found it difficult to handle and finish. After having tried everything, stewed, boiled, in soup, au gratin, deformed, and find his family with the pitiful eyes of those seeking a respite, I decided that I would have closed the festival with a cabbage risotto. I love the versatility of risotto, we can prepare in any manner or color and is always delicious. Everything is using an excellent rice (parboiled my house is banned, reinstated only for salads .. poor) and the Christmas holidays have been generous in some stylish bags Carnaroli wonderful that I wanted to immediately put to the test.


Serves 4.
  • 300 grams of rice Carnaroli
  • 300 grams of cabbage
  • a shallot
  • a l. vegetable stock a small
  • robiola (c.ca 80/100 gr)
  • extra virgin olive
  • 2 teaspoons poppy seeds 50 grams of pine nuts
  • prosecco or sparkling wine or dry white wine
After cutting the cabbage into thin strips, I made stew in a large pan with chopped scallions and browned in extra-virgin olive oil. I baked for 15 minutes c.ca, wetting it gradually with a little 'stock. Separately, in a nonstick saucepan, simmer shallots I oil (butter will rarely find in the bases of my risotto, but the reason for this I will have to talk later.) So I blasted the rice that I blended with excellent vintage brut Frescobaldi (half cup), put forward by the toast of my birthday. Frescobaldi's home draws have a happy event, but you can use the Prosecco or maybe champagne (Berva and then the rest while you enjoy the risotto). At this point begins to cook the rice with the broth, stirring constantly for 5 minutes c.ca. I then added the cabbage and I continued to cook for the remaining time (10 minutes c.ca) always adding broth until completely absorbed. Meanwhile, I toasted pine nuts in a pan, and I kept them aside. When cooked, slightly al dente, I turned off the heat, I added pine nuts, poppy seeds and a cube of fresh Robiolino, stir the risotto. My daughter has added some sprigs of rosemary to decorate the dish, but surprisingly, tasted, felt that aroma just enhances the whole.
The result was widely welcomed by the family. The classic taste of cabbage a distant memory, and the taste is very delicate, was animated by the scent of pine resin. Personally I liked it very much.




0 comments:

Post a Comment